Friday, August 5, 2011

SHOE REVIEW-PRADA & MIU MIU


I have to be honest---shoes this seaon were kind of a let down. My stand-by favorites like Ann Demeulemeester and Dries van Noten and Celine didn't deliever at all. An exception to this would be Prada & Miu Miu.. Miuccia is never afraid to have fun with the shoes.

Kind of a naughty show girl vibe at Miu Miu with the spectator & butterfly lace up details. The lime green version is my favorite. I do have one gripe with a pair of shoes at Prada....



The baroque leather bootie would have been a solid 10 if it wasn't for that horrible gimmicky espadrille & foam platform. I made a helpful diagram here to illustrate my point. What a tease--because if you changed the ugly platform to a beautiful solid leather wedge this would be the best shoe of the season for me. 

I am praying Prada had the good sense to make an all leather variation of this shoe for retail.
These shoes at Prada were amazing though--the checkered woven platform cutie is high on my wishlist.